The Centre’s Academic Lead and Chair of the Management Board is the Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research, Prof Steve Rothberg. The Board meets 3 times per year and has representatives from the 5 Schools and Professional Support Services. An annual Strategic Board meeting is also held with the Deans and the PVC-T, Prof Morag Bell.
Role of the Management Board
- To act as first point of accountability for CEDE to the Deans of the 5 Schools and other centres or services represented on the board.
- To approve CEDE’s annual strategic plan.
- To provide strategic and advisory input to shape CEDE’s activities.
- To support CEDE in collaborating with other centres or schools for areas of related activities.
- To approve CEDE’s allocation of resources for School activities and reporting mechanisms.
- To provide critical input into draft plans, reports and strategies (usually through email communication between meetings).
- To provide one-to-one advice and support for the CEDE team.
- To champion the work of CEDE.
Management Board membership
- Prof Steve Rothberg (PVC-R)
- Prof Morag Bell (PVC-T) *
- Director of the Centre for Academic Practice
- Deans of Eng & Design Schools *
- Academic reps from Schools
- Operation Manager reps
- Director of Careers & Employability
- Director of Maths Education Centre
- Director of the Glendonbrook Centre
- Head of E-Learning Systems (ITS)
- Head of Internet Systems (ITS) *
- VP Education (Student Union)
* Strategy Board members only