Sarah is the Learning and Teaching Coordinator (Education) for the Centre for Engineering and Design Education.
Her role includes:
- Responsibility for the Engineering and Design Educators Network (EDEN) including the EDEN seminar series.
- Supporting teaching quality enhancement and evaluative activities within engineering-related schools.
- Working with academic colleagues in securing an evidence-based approach to teaching practice,
- Supporting staff in applying for engineering education teaching awards.
Expertise & Knowledge
- Pedagogic expertise and support for curriculum development
- Pedagogic research
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Producing learning resources (online and paper based) including Loughborough specific guides for an academic audience
- Designing and delivering engineering education events/programmes for academics
- Supporting Quality Enhancement in HE
- Undertaking learning and teaching evaluations
- Developing and implementing new continuing professional development initiatives
- Designing and delivering workshops for accredited courses
- Leading and contributing to teaching quality enhancement initiatives
- Personal Development Planning
- Work-based learning
- Involving industrialists in teaching